landing page for CMSD, home page
CMSD82 2020-2021 New Student Registration & Cross-Boundary Application Notice (click on link to open)
School District 82 Policy 1030 outlines student attendance/catchment area procedures in accordance with Ministry of Education policies on Schools of Choice. It is important that parents take note of specific deadlines defined within this policy and ensure the procedures listed below are followed:
- Students must be registered at their catchment area school.
- Cross Boundary/Out-of-Catchment Applications: After registering at your catchment area school, applications must be received at your school of choice by February 14, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Confirmation of Cross Boundary Applications: By the first Friday following school opening, or as soon as possible following this date, pending staffing allocations and school configurations. Unsuccessful applicants may be held on a waiting list for the subsequent school year. Parents/guardians applying for Cross Boundary status are advised the decisions related to Cross Boundary Applications may not be decided until the first week of school in the 2020-2021 school year. Parents/guardians, therefore, must register first at their catchment area school.
- New In-Catchment Registrations: Registrations will be received up to March 13, 2020 for new students including Kindergarten. Applications received after this date will have to wait until school staffing is complete before receiving status of school enrolment. Wait-listed students who are in catchment area may be moved as soon as space is available.
- Notification of In-Catchment: Wait-listed in-catchment area students will be notified of their status for the school year as soon as possible or by the first Friday following school opening.
- Cross Boundary/Out-of-Catchment Students: Those students who do not live within the defined attendance areas for the school they wish to attend.
- In-Catchment Students: Those students who live in the attendance areas defined for each school.
Inquiries regarding catchment areas should be directed to the principal of the school.
For your convenience, provided below is the 2019-2020 CMSD82 School Principals Listing with contact numbers.
CMSD82 2019-2020 School Principals, Vice Principals & School Contact Listing
(click on link to open)
In preparation for the 2020-2021 school year, the Board of Education is seeking the cooperation of parents/guardians in registering their child on the following dates. Pre-registration is requested in order to provide the School District Administration the time to plan staffing to meet school needs.
Schools are open to take registration for Kindergarten from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. between January 13, 2020 and March 13, 2020.
The School District will make every effort to place students who have registered by March 13, 2020 in their catchment area school. Students registering after March 13, 2020 may not be granted place in their catchment area school.
To be eligible for entry to school in September 2020 students must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2020. A birth certificate, proof of immunization, a BC Care Card and parent/guardian proof of ordinarily resident will be required at the time of registration.
Acceptable documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident”:
- BCMSP (BC CareCard) coverage AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows; or
- Valid BC Services Card (replacement for BC CareCard) AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows
Supporting documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident” (address must match the address listed on the Student’s Registration & Verification Form):
- Provincial Driver’s License
- Document indicating British Columbia resident (i.e. utility bill)
- Proof of ownership of a dwelling or long-term lease or rental of a dwelling
- A current income tax return filed as a BC resident
To register for Kindergarten classes, please register your child at your neighbourhood primary/elementary school as detailed in the CMSD82 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Procedures (click on link to open). If you wish information on school boundaries, please contact any of the principals as listed in the CMSD82 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Procedures.
French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One:
- A student does not have to be of French origin to enrol in French Immersion.
- Registration for French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One takes place at schools indicated with an * as listed in the CMSD82 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Procedures (click on link to open).
- Registration for French Immersion Grade One is for students presently attending Kindergarten in English, who would like to begin in the French Immersion Program.
MOE/CMSD82 Community Meeting K-9 Student Progress Reporting, Nov. 28, 2016
(PDF Format Poster)
British Columbia’s new school curriculum is making sure students are ready to succeed in our changing world. The Ministry of Education wants parents to share how they want to learn about their child’s progress from Kindergarten to Grade 9. Together with educators, the government is developing a new reporting approach for students in Kindergarten to Grade 9, to give parents a deeper understanding of their child’s progress at school. With new curriculum being implemented in B.C. classrooms this school year, the way student progress is reported must change too.
The Ministry’s parent engagement on student reporting will run from October 2016 to February 28, 2017. There will be two primary ways for parents to be involved and have an opportunity to provide feedback on student reporting:
- Online Feedback Forum at www.engage.gov.bc.ca/yourkidsprogress/ (information about changes to the curriculum, future of student reporting with a series of questions asking for parent feedback).
- Community Sessions in 10 locations around the province including Terrace on November 28, 2016 hosted by Coast Mountains Board of Education School District 82. The community meetings will be open-house style for the first two hours. Parents and interested community members can come in and learn more, talk to Ministry and school district staff, and then complete a feedback form. The last hour will be a Ministry facilitated design session specifically focused on the future of reporting student progress.
ATTEND THE COMMUNITY MEETING TO LEARN MORE
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
DATE & TIME: Monday, November 28, 2016, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre,
3120 Highway 16 East, Terrace
(formerly Thornhill Junior Secondary School
Pre-registration or RSVP’s are not required for the community meeting.
Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Please contact Carole Gagnon, CMSD82 Executive Assistant at (250) 638-4401 or firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have questions regarding the Terrace Community Meeting.